INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Information You Provide and Information We Collect When You Use the Harvest Farms Platform
- Account Information. When you visit the Harvest Farms Platform, we may ask you for information that may be used to uniquely identify a business such as banking or confidential financial information that it does not generally share with third parties or to uniquely identify a person such as first and last name, birth dates, social security number, driver’s license, personal e-mail addresses, credit information, phone numbers, shipping and billing addresses, or any other information the website may collect that is defined as private information under applicable law (collectively “Private Information”). We request such Private Information so that we can provide you with the products, services, or information that you have requested. When you maintain a business account with Harvest Farms and transact business with Harvest Farms through the Harvest Farms Platform, we may ask you for information necessary to process and complete transactions with us, including your name, shipping and billing addresses, e-mail address, and payment-related information.
- Direct Communications. If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you. For example, when you contact our Customer Support Team, we will receive your name, email address, phone number, the contents of a message or attachments that you may send to us, and other information you choose to provide.
- Log Data. When you visit our websites, our servers may automatically log the standard data provided by your web browser. It may include your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, your browser type and version, the pages you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on each page, and other details.
- Device Information. Harvest Farms may receive information from Users’ devices, including IP address, web browser type, mobile operating system version, phone carrier and manufacturer, application installations, device identifiers, mobile advertising identifiers, and push notification tokens. What we collect can depend on the individual settings of your device and software. We recommend checking the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider to learn what information they make available to us.
- Usage Information. To help us understand how you use the Harvest Farms Platform and to help us improve it, we automatically receive information about your interactions with the Harvest Farms Platform, like the pages or other content you view, your actions within the Harvest Farms app, and the dates and times of your visits.
- Information Provided within Features of the Harvest Farmsa Platform. Harvest Farms Platform may from time to time offer interactive or social aspects on the websites. For example, if you choose to express an opinion in an online forum, respond to user polls, or enter any contests, we may ask you for Private Information. If you request to sign up for newsletters or other promotional materials, or if you send an inquiry to one of our customer service representatives, we may store a record of your request along with any Private Information allowing us to respond to your inquiry.
- Information from Cookies and Similar Technologies. We collect information through the use of “cookies”, tracking pixels, and similar technologies to understand how you navigate through the Harvest Farms Platform and interact with Harvest Farms, to learn what content is popular, and to save your preferences. Cookies are small text files that web servers place on your device; they are designed to store basic information and to help websites and apps recognize your browser. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be accessed every time you use the Harvest Farms Platform. You should consult your web browser(s) to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you delete or choose not to accept cookies from us, you may be missing out on certain features of the Harvest Farms Platform.
- Information We Collect from Third Parties.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use the information we collect from all Users to:
- Provide, improve, expand, and promote the Harvest Farms Platform;
- Analyze how the Harvest Farms community uses the Harvest Farms Platform;
- Fulfill orders placed by customers;
- Order goods from suppliers;
- Enable you to access and use our website, associated applications, and associated social media platforms;
- Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including for advertising, marketing, and promotional purposes related to our products and services and information about third parties that we consider may be of interest to you;
- Run competitions and/or offer additional benefits to you;
- Personalize the Harvest Farms experience for you;
- Facilitate internal record keeping and for administrative purposes;
- Facilitate transactions and payments;
- Provide you with customer support;
- Evaluate prospective customers, suppliers and employees and, if we so elect, to open, maintain and terminate customer accounts or supplier arrangements;
- Find and prevent fraud; and
- Respond to trust and safety issues that may arise including disputes and requests from government authorities.
HOW WE SHARE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Sharing Between Harvest Farms and Third Parties
- Integration Partners. If you connect to the Harvest Farms Platform through an integration with a third-party service, we may share information about your use of the Harvest Farms Platform with that third party. We may share your information with our third-party partners in order to receive additional information about you. We may also share your information with third party partners to create offers that may be of interest to you.
- Service Providers. We work with third party service providers including (without limitation) IT service providers, data storage, hosting and server providers, ad networks, analytics, error loggers, debt collectors, maintenance or problem-solving providers, marketing or advertising providers, professional advisors, and payment systems operators to perform services on our behalf including but not limited to processing orders and payments, shipping products, sending catalogs, performing surveys, conducting promotions, advertising and marketing, processing job applications, providing recruitment and background screening, and sending e-mails and newsletters, and we may share your information with such service providers to help us provide the Harvest Farms Platform.
- Employment Opportunities. Without limiting the foregoing, we may make certain of the pages associated with our sites available for employment opportunities or human resources. They usually will be captioned “Jobs” or “Careers” or will have similar labels or captions clearly indicating the employment opportunity subject matter and such pages may be co-branded with third party service providers. For example, we have contracted with various background search, testing and drug screening companies that may provide recruitment related services at different points in the recruiting process.
- Harvest Farms Platform Interactive or Social Features. Harvest Farms may allow other users of the Harvest Farms Platform to browse comments, questions or other entries that you have submitted or commented on in one or more forums, message boards, product ratings, feedback portals or other interactive or social aspects that Harvest Farms may include on the Harvest Farms Platform from time to time. Harvest Farms may choose to post this data on other features in the future. Your use of such social features constitutes your consent and agreement to Harvest Farms’s use of any content you post or transmit through such features for Harvest Farms’s editorial, advertising and publicity purposes, without compensation to you, except where prohibited by law.
- Other Sharing. We may share your information with third parties in the following cases:
- While negotiating or in relation to a change of corporate control such as a restructuring, merger, or sale of our assets;
- Sponsors or promoters of any competition we run;
- Credit reporting agencies, courts, tribunals, and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for goods or services we have provided to you;
- If a government authority requests information and we think disclosure is required or appropriate in order to comply with laws, regulations, or a legal process;
- With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or third parties if we think doing so is necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Harvest Farms community, Harvest Farms, or the public;
- To comply with a legal requirement or process, including but not limited to, civil and criminal subpoenas, court orders, or other compulsory disclosures;
- With our insurance partners to help determine and provide relevant coverage in the event of an incident;
- To provide information about the use of the Harvest Farms Platform to potential business partners in aggregated or de-identified form that can’t reasonably be used to identify you; and
- Whenever you consent to the sharing.
- Sharing Aggregated Information. We reserve the right to share aggregated information with third parties at our discretion. We will use our good faith efforts to aggregate information in a manner that will not reveal identifiable Private Information about you.
YOUR RIGHTS AND CONTROLLING YOUR PRIVATE INFORMATION
- Email Subscriptions. You can always unsubscribe from our commercial or promotional emails, but we will still send you transactional and relational emails about your account use of the Harvest Farms Platform.
- Text Messages. You can opt out of receiving commercial or promotional text messages by changing the preferences on the Harvest Farms Platform, logging out or deleting the Harvest Farms Platform from your registered device.
- Location Information. You can prevent your device from sharing location information at any time through your device’s operating system settings.
- Access and Data Portability. You may request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. Where possible, we will provide this information in CSV format or other easily readable machine format. You may request that we erase the personal information we hold about you at any time. You may also request that we transfer this personal information to another third party.
- General Opt-Out Procedures. To the extent required by law, and except as set forth above, so long as you have provided your email address to us, if we intend to use or share your Private Information beyond the scope described above or in a manner that we reasonably determine to be a purpose incompatible with the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected, we will endeavor to contact you and provide you with the ability to prevent the sharing of this information through “opt out” elections. If we do provide opt out elections with respect to new uses, even if not legally required to do so, such opt out elections will be treated as affirmative consent to the specified uses if you do not respond in a manner and within the period specified in the election to deny us the right to make such use.
- Correction. If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant, or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, misleading, or out of date.
- Data Security. We are committed to protecting the data of the Harvest Farms community. Even though we take reasonable precautions to protect your data, no security measures can be 100% secure, and we cannot guarantee the complete security of your data. We implement measures that we believe in good faith will protect this information to the extent reasonably feasible in light of industry practices. In some cases the measures employed may vary depending on the level of sensitivity of the Private Information.
- Business Accounts. If you have or open a business account with Harvest Farms, the privacy and security of your Harvest Farms account information is protected by your account username and password. You should be aware that any person to whom you grant access to your account username and password will have access to your complete account information, including transaction histories. You should not grant access to your username and password to any person to whom you are not comfortable sharing such information. In addition, it is your responsibility to work to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer by logging off once you have finished using a shared computer.
- International Users. Our Harvest Farms Platform is hosted in the United States of America and is subject to U.S. state and federal law. If you are accessing our Harvest Farms Platform from other jurisdictions, please be advised that you are transferring your personal information to us in the United States and, by using our Harvest Farms Platform, you consent to that transfer and to abide by the applicable state and federal laws concerning your use of the Harvest Farms Platform and your agreements with us. Any persons accessing our Harvest Farms Platform from any jurisdiction with laws or regulations governing the use of the Internet, including personal data collection, use and disclosure different from those of the jurisdictions mentioned above may only use the Harvest Farms Platform in a manner lawful in their jurisdiction. If your use of our Harvest Farms Platform would be unlawful in your jurisdiction, please do not use the Harvest Farms Platform. You acknowledge that third parties in other jurisdictions may not be subject to similar data protection laws to the ones in our jurisdiction. There are risks if any such third party engages in any act or practice that would contravene the data privacy laws in our jurisdiction and this might mean that you will not be able to seek redress under our jurisdiction’s privacy laws.
- Children’s Privacy. The Harvest Farms Platform is not directed to children, and consistent with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 we don’t knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we find out that a child under 13 has given us personal information, we will take steps to delete that information. If you believe that a child under the age of 13 has given us personal information, please contact us.
- California Privacy Rights. California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, information about the personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of personal information that was shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared such information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us as listed below.
- Complaints. If you believe that we have breached a relevant data protection law and wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the alleged breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint. You also have the right to contact a regulatory body or data protection authority in relation to your complaint.
- Unsubscribe. To unsubscribe from our e-mail database or opt-out of communications (including marketing communications), please contact us using the details below or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.